September 11, 2008

Peace Making


On Monday night, Joe and I along with Mike who is the Discipleship Pastor at our church and his wife April, attended a conference at Southern Seminary (where Joe attends) on Peacemaking for Marriage. Ken Sande, the author of The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict was the speaker and did a really good job of providing Biblical and Simple ways of bringing peace in your marriage. What really struck me was when Ken said that good communication is not the key to marriage because good communicators can also be good manipulators. The key to a Biblical marriage is forgiveness. That is something so simple but so hard in any relationship but important in displaying God's love. I know that I can personally harbor bad feelings for days without speaking of them but it can show in my attitude or how I treat Joe. Monday night was a good reminder to breathe grace to the people around me, especially to my husband.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 13:34-35




________________________________________
Subscribe to my blog here
Twitter me here Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment