October 22, 2008

Contentment

I am going through Lydia Brownback's book Contentment: A Godly Woman's Adornment (On-the-Go Devotionals). It is all about where you find your contentment. This book has 2-3 page devotion and deals with struggles that are relevant to women today. You can read a review of the book on Discerning Reader. I definitely think you should get it!

Being content is something that I have struggled with probably since I was sixteen, being content with what God has given me. I have always felt that if I did this, or had that then I would be happier. Right now, I want to be a great wife, cook, keep the house clean, make sure I am spending time in the word, getting my homework for class done, being a Pastor's wife, being involved in church, being a new nurse, etc. I want so much to be good at all of those things!

But I can say that God has been faithfully teaching me to know that God has me where He wants, in HIS time. Do you struggle with being content?


"Now there is a great gain in godliness with contentment."
1 Timothy 6:6




________________________________________
Subscribe to my blog here
Twitter me here Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment