February 7, 2009

Studying Ephesians

On Monday nights, I host a Bible Study at my house for about 7-8 girls in the youth group. We meet for food, fellowship, and of course diving in the Word. I chose Ephesians to study because it is one of my favorite books of the Bible.

We have spent the last three weeks studying the first chapter. I used many resources to study this book but my favorite has been John MacArthur's commentary on Ephesians. It's been a great time in my spiritual life to look closely at Paul's letter. I feel it is important to look closely at scripture in it's context to really discern how to practically apply it to our lives. I think the girls are getting truths out of the lessons also.

The most important thing is that you read the Word of God. What encourages me about scripture is that God reveals truths in scriptures even if we have read them hundreds of times. That's why God describes His Word as living and breathing.

What are you studying in the Bible?




________________________________________
Subscribe to my blog here
Twitter me here Pin It Now!

1 comments:

God's Girl said...

We are currently going through the book of Daniel.

It is nice to 'meet' you! Have a blessed day.

Post a Comment