December 14, 2011

Amelia: 1 Month

It's hard to believe that my baby girl is One Month! It's been the fastest and also the longest month I can remember. You would think that after carrying this child for 9 months that I would know all about her but we still had to get to know each other, her personality, likes, and dislikes.

We haven't gone to the doctor so I do not have any updated stats on her. She is now eating every 2 1/2-4 hours during the day and going 3-4 hours at night. She has always been a great nurser for me. I think we both picked up it like champs! She was 8 pounds 2 oz at birth and dropped to 7 pounds 11 ounces. Four days later she was 8 pounds 4 ounces. Her Pediatrician was impressed!

She sleeps right next to me at night. We did have quite a few rough nights there for a couple of weeks but she now will wake up, I'll change her diaper, feed her. She usually falls asleep laying on my chest and then I'll put her in her sleeper.


She is definitely a mommy's girl, and likes to be held. She will now go in her swing and be content awake but that usually lasts 20 minutes. She can be pretty fussy at times but I think we are starting to outgrow it.

We were worried how to dogs would react to the new princess in the house but they have been great with her. Cooper gets a little jealous but he just tries harder to get me to pet him. They love to greet her whenever we get home.

Amelia has changed our lives for the better. We couldn't imagine our family without her, and she is of course worth the wait! We love you baby girl!



________________________________________



Subscribe to my blog here Twitter me here Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment