August 24, 2009

Our Life in the Ministry

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day the church voted Joe into being the Senior Pastor. It was quite a journey to even get to that point. After the former pastor left right before we got married, many people approached Joe to full the role. Even as we were decorating the church for our wedding someone called Joe about this. I said "Absolutely not!" I was excited about being a Student Minister's wife, investing in youth, and starting a ministry together.



Fast forward a couple of months. Joe at this time had been the interim pastor, filling the pulpit, and I could see that he really enjoyed it. One day as we stood in our kitchen, I told him if you wanted to put your resume in, that I would support you. I think I thought even then, we are so young, there is no way this could happen!



But one year ago today the church voted Joe in and we started this new ride together in ministry. We've had our high peaks and our low valleys. We've had days where we have barely seen each other or barely even seen home.




But there are somethings I have learned in the last year.




  • Ministry is way less about me and more about following God
  • The congregation is definitely observing you but will pick you up when you fall
  • I am a lot more sensitive to criticism than I realized.
  • There many more blessings than trials, but you need to look for them with a heart of gratitude.
  • That even in the valleys God is near.




________________________________________
Subscribe to my blog here
Twitter me here Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I couldn't agree more! I was a student ministers wife for 4 1/2 years and have been a senior pastors wife now for 8 months. Its a definate change of pace, but we are so excited to see the way the Lord moves!

Post a Comment